A splash of color can completely transform a bathroom.
Bathroom colour schemes are essential for getting the look, feel and design you want in your bath or shower room. Break free of a staid design and add pops of colour to your room with these bold and bright bathroom colour schemes. Adding a bright hue to your bathroom will really lift your whole home, bringing this functional space into line with the rest of your decor. Or, if you prefer a chic and modern take on interiors, you can choose muted greys to complement your otherwise neutral bathroom colour scheme.
Bathrooms can be one of the most challenging rooms to overhaul. Renovating them can not only put a strain on your time and budget, but it puts the room out of commission while the work’s being done. No one wants to renovate their bathroom more often than necessary, and for this reason many people are afraid to use color — what happens if the colors you choose fall out of favor and affect the value of your house? But white isn’t the only way to downplay the risk.
An all-white bathroom is often considered a “safe bet” when renovating, but there are other color schemes that are just as reliably beautiful. Similar to exterior paint colors, gray is gaining in popularity for tile choice, while neutrals, timber accents, and blue tones remain popular.
Renovating a bathroom can be costly, so it’s understandable to lean towards a timeless design scheme. But it’s also important to remember the impact your towel choices and vanity accessories can have (not to mention they’re more affordable to switch up than re-tiling). Here are six dependable color combinations to consider.
Here are six color combinations that will always be winners.
1. Black and white. This is a classic combo that became ultra-popular during the Art Deco period of the 1920s and ’30s. Bold black and white geometric shapes on floors and walls have stood the test of time. Use checkerboard tiles, chrome fixtures and silver-framed mirrors and you’ll have a look that’s as stylish now as it was then.
2. Aqua, chocolate and white. This combination is a nice balance between traditional and contemporary. Use aqua and white to make the room feel cool and airy, then add a deep chocolate vanity and beige flooring for warmth. If you’re going for a spa-like feel, this combo is a classic. Add aqua and white towels for extra luxury.
3. Mocha and creamy white. Mocha tones make this bathroom warm and inviting. Start your color palette with one shade of mocha and a creamy white, then layer with various espresso-inspired shades to create some movement and depth. Just remember that darker shades advance and lighter shades recede. Use blocks of color to highlight areas such as the bathtub to provide interest and direction within the room.
4. Monochromatic grays. To create a clean and simple look, add various shades of gray to keep your bathroom flowing and to provide depth and orientation. Add some fresh flowers or a lush and leafy potted plant and you’ll create a beautiful, classic environment.
5. Blue and yellow. If you’re ever in doubt about color combinations that work, look to nature. Blue and yellow are a classic mix, akin to the sun rising in a clear blue sky.
6. Double complementary colors. In color theory, this scheme just works. A pair of complementary colors (those that sit opposite each other on the color wheel, such as blue and orange) works well alongside another set of complementary colors (in this case, red and green). The result is called a double complementary color scheme.
Sure, you could spend months—and thousands of dollars—on a bathroom renovation. But why not save time and money by transforming your bathroom with a coat of paint? Bathrooms are the perfect place to play with paint, which can stand up to splashes and steam better than, say, wallpaper. The color you choose can really set the tone for the entire design and the finished space, whether you go for a bright jewel-box feel or a light and serene retreat.
Whether you’re making major changes to your space or just ready for a quick update, these paint colors will bring new life to your bathroom.
If you’re ready to get started on your bathroom renovation project, schedule your free design consultation today to get started!