You already know that tile is perfect for the bathroom. But did you know how many different bathroom tile ideas there are?
Choosing the perfect flooring tiles mainly comes down to appear in many parts of the home. You want your living room, dining room, bedroom, or office flooring to look great; While performance is second in importance; with bathrooms the playbook changes.
Always take into consideration how your bathroom tiles will perform under stress. The stress event, in this case, it involves water. Water is so prevalent in bathrooms that it is an expectation. Water is everywhere; on the walls, ceiling, and the floor. Moisture will quickly ruin the wrong flooring.
On this article, let’s talk about some amazing floor tile ideas for your bathroom.
- Penny tiles are making a comeback in the contemporary tile world. Although they’ve been around for over a hundred years, penny round tiles haven’t taken off like their small hex tile counterparts.
- It’s a dynamic, eye-grabbing bathroom tile design option.
- Penny round tiles can be used for a bathroom backsplash or a shower floor.
- They can be all one color, a rainbow of colors, or a carefully arranged pattern of just one or two colors. Sometimes, they can even be actual pennies.
- Penny tiles carry a certain retro vibe. But they can be used in ways that minimize the look.
- Good-looking penny tile ideas prove that penny tiles can go anywhere.
- When picking penny tile, the final look relies, in part, on color.
- White penny tiles with black grout are the classic retro look.
- While black or gray penny tiles have a chic, contemporary look.
- Blue penny tile is delightfully unexpected.
- Marble penny tiles have a certain luxe look to them.
- Glass variations are glossy and sophisticated.
- Penny rounds can easily claim the title of most adorable bathroom tile. These teeny tiny tiles look just as good in a modern bathroom as in a vintage one.
- Wherever they are, they add a lovely texture and a pleasing feeling underfoot like the bottom of a mountain stream, but without all the sharp spikey bits.
- Porcelain penny tiles are not only attractive due to their visual appeal but they’re an ideal medium for slippery surfaces or high-traffic areas.
- Ceramic penny round tiles are used frequently for showers, fireplace surrounds, and backsplashes.
- However they’re used, penny round tiles are a fantastic material to make your home look and feel more expensive…without sacrificing charm and personality.
- The thing about penny round tiles that are completely appealing is their versatility – they are simultaneously understated yet bold.
- The standard penny round tile is 3/4″ in diameter; however, this size rule has expanded over the years to include a variety of sizes.
- Installation of mosaic penny tiles on the bathroom floor can add warmth and visual appeal to the one room in the house that is heavy on sterile, shiny white components – the bathroom.
- Penny round tiles have a timeless appeal – they are a perfect décor choice for the old and young alike.
- The combinations of penny tile and grout color options are limitless, but there’s something inherently classic and classy about dark grout and white tiles, especially when the tile covers every visible surface in the bathroom.
- Penny tiles are a solid choice for floors where water-slippage is a definite possibility due to water – specifically bathrooms and laundry rooms. The small tiles allow for plenty of grout and are touted as a non-slip surface. This is a definite perk in those potentially wet-floor areas.
- Geometric tile adds a pattern in a classy and understated fashion. While some rely on vivacious color, others stick to good old ‘black and white’ to get the job done!
- Geometric tiles come in a wide range of patterns, finishes, and hues.
- You have an array of delightful materials to pick from.
- Geometric hexagon tiles are a popular choice for the bathroom which can be small or large in scale.
Large Format Tile
- Large-format tiles are wall or floor tiles that exceed the average 12×12 sized tile. These tiles are available in square or rectangular shapes and can be as large as 40×120.
- There are lots of benefits of using large-format tiles in your bathroom. They easily cover large areas.
- They can be easier to clean due to having fewer grout lines.
- They can make a small space look bigger. But we love them most of all for the elegance they bring to a room.
- These large tiles come in rectangular and square shapes, ceramic and porcelain and can be used on both floors and walls to make an impact.
- These tiles bring numerous style and maintenance benefits to your design, which is why many designers believe 2019 is the year of large-format tile.
- LFTs appreciate the size of spaces, they are a spectacular option for kitchens, entryways, mudrooms, or any large, open areas. In addition to being a unique and durable flooring option,
- Mosaic tiles are small pieces of tile that are held together in a sheet. Mosaics can come in many different shapes and be made out of glass, metal, stone, real pebbles, porcelain and more.
- Mosaic tile adds gorgeous, intricate designs to any room, and it’s extremely versatile, too.
- Mosaic tiles can be made from stones like travertine, marble, real pebbles, glass, metal, porcelain and more.
- Glass mosaic tiles are especially useful for achieving a unique look because they come in many different colors, sizes, and finishes.
- Glass mosaics are one of the easiest ways to add pops of color, shine and shape to your shower, recessed shelf or backsplash.
- You can create a stripe, a framed accent or a full wall with a glass mosaic that has already done the work of pairing colors and materials together for you.
Wood Look Tile
- Wood-look tiles are a popular option for people who want the timeless and beautiful look of wood in an extremely durable tile. Tile design technology has advanced so that, at first glance, it’s easy to mistake the faux look for the real thing.
- From dark to light, knotty to lightly grained, you’ll find almost any variance of the natural-wood look you can imagine. If you’re interested in something bolder, whitewashed, painted-look, grey and colorful wood-look tiles are also an option. Our exotic planks look like rare, expensive woods found in far-off locations like the Amazon and come in unique colors, like blue, and bold patterns that resemble sunken wood.
- Planks, the most common style for a real wood floor, are also the most popular for wood-look floors. But they aren’t the only option. Hexagons, chevrons, mosaics, and oversized large-format and wide-width tiles are available, so you can customize the floor or wall you’ve envisioned.
- Faux wood is available at The Tile Shop in durable ceramic and even stronger porcelain. Your new floor or wall will be more impervious to scratches and look just as beautiful as natural wood. Get the stunning look of glass and wood together with mosaics that combine both.
- Wood-look tile is ceramic or porcelain tile that is designed to have the appearance of real wood. It often comes in planks, like real wood, but is also available in unique shapes more common to tiles.
- The strength and durability are the biggest selling points of wood-look tile. You can achieve almost any look you would with real wood and, with unique shapes and colors, many more on top of that. A wood-look tile floor or wall lasts so long (and often costs less than wood) that is worth it in the long run. Additionally, your wood look never has to be refinished (perfect for homes with pets!), and it can be heated or get wet.
- When it is installed and maintained correctly, wood-look tile is very durable. It won’t scratch or need refinishing a hardwood floor.
- Wood-look tile is a current trend because it does NOT create a trendy look. Wood floors are timeless, and the tiles that recreate this look are, too—which is perfect because your faux wood floor is going to last you a long time!